Thursday, October 15, 2009

Crockpot Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti

from Weight Watchers message boards

Serves 12 ( one cup each)

  • 16 oz. dry spaghetti, cooked
  • 1 lb. Velveeta Light (2%)Cheese
  • 12.5 oz can chicken breast, drained & flaked
  • 1 can 98% FF cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 can 98% FF cream of chicken soup
  • 10 oz. can diced tomatoes & green chilies (Rotel)
  • 4 oz can mushroom stems & pieces, drained
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 small onion, diced - didn't have so I substituted with peas...I'm not sure why.
  • 1 med. green pepper, diced
  • salt & pepper to taste
Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Combine all ingredients in slow cooker and stir to mix well. Cook on LOW for 2-3 hours. Stir again just before serving.

My Review: For years, I've been hearing rave reviews about this recipe. I was so excited to try it and so disappointed in the results. It was just meh. Personally, I found it a little too cheesy and it didn't have much flavor. Sadly, it makes a ton so I was stuck with lots and lots of leftovers. It actually might make a good dip for tortilla chips or vegetables. You could omit the water to make it a little thicker.

No comments: