Sunday, April 25, 2010

Cod With Artichokes and Basil

from South Beach Diet's Quick Cooking

Serves 4
  • 1 1/2 pounds cod fillet - I substituted pollock
  • 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon dried basil
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 10 ounces marinated artichoke hearts (about 12 pieces), plus 1 tablespoon liquid from jar
Heat oven to 450°F.Place cod in an ovenproof baking dish, brush with oil, sprinkle with basil, and season with salt and pepper. Arrange artichoke hearts around fish and drizzle with artichoke liquid.Bake until fish is opaque and just flakes with a fork, 12 to 14 minutes. Remove from oven and serve hot.

My Review: I think I would like this better with tilapia or flounder or cod. I didn't really like the pollock - it was a little too fishy for me and I like fish. The artichokes were delicious.

No comments: