Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Chicks in a Blanket

from Perdue.com

serves 8

  • 1 package PERDUE® Baked Breaded Chicken Breast Tenderloins (My store only had a package of baked chicken breasts so I cut those in half)
  • 1 can (16 ounces) extra large refrigerated biscuits (I used biscuits that were 100 cal each - 8 in a can)
  • 4 slices American cheese, each cut in half (I used low-fat mozzarella)
  • Dipping sauces (optional) (I used marinara sauce)
Preheat oven to 375°F. Remove dough from can and separate into 8 pieces. Place biscuits several inches apart on lightly greased baking sheet. Flatten each biscuit with palm of hand. Place one strip of cheese and one tender in center of each biscuit. Wrap dough partially around tender to enclose leaving top of tender showing. Press edges of dough firmly together to seal. Bake for 15 –18 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 1 minute before serving. Serve with favorite dipping sauces, if desired.

My Review: This was a fun and delicious way to eat chicken. It's kid-friendly AND boy-friendly, plus there are tons of ways you can mix up the recipe. (I would love to figure out a way to incorporate gravy - but that might be way too much!) Definitely not pretty or gourmet -- but sometimes you just need a quick meal you can put together in a pinch!

No comments: