Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Cornbread Casserole

From some random message board

Serves 12

  • 1 can corn (undrained)
  • 1 large can diced tomatoes (undrained)
  • 1 can jalapeno pinto beans (undrained) - I have no idea what these are so I used spicy chili beans
  • 1 lb lean ground beef or ground turkey
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 2 tsp chili powder
  • 1 tsp red pepper
  • 2 packages cornbread mix (I used Jiffy's - I think it called for eggs and milk)
Brown meat, onion, garlic and spices. Mix with canned corn, tomatoes and beans and pour into a casserole dish. Mix cornbread and pour over top of casserole. Bake @ 400 degrees cornbread is done. (It took a long time - I think it was about 40 minutes.)

My Review: How can you complain about anything that includes cornbread as an ingredient? It was easy to make, reheats well and is tasty to boot! Next time I make it, I would probably add diced jalapeno peppers for a little more kick or I'd do one small can of diced tomatoes and one small can of tomatoes with green chilies.

No comments: