Saturday, February 20, 2010

Eggs Benedict

from For the Love of Cooking (Click here to see the original recipe with FABULOUS photos)
  • 1 egg, poached
  • 2 slices of crispy bacon
  • 1/2 an English muffin (I used a light English muffin)
  • Hollandaise sauce
  • Fresh parsley for garnish (I omitted)
Cook the bacon and reheat the hollandaise in a double boiler (add a bit of water to thin it out).

A lot of people poach eggs directly in water but I always put mine in a ramekin. In a large skillet with high sides, add 2 inches of water and bring to a boil. Add a bit of butter to a ramekin then crack the egg inside the ramekin. Place the ramekin in the boiling water. Reduce heat to medium and cover with a lid. Cook for 4 minutes then remove ramekin from pan.

Toast the English muffin while the egg is poaching. Place the bacon on top of the toasted English muffin, add the poached egg then pour the hollandaise (as much as you want) on top. Garnish with a bit of fresh parsley and serve.

My Review: Eggs Benedict is definitely my favorite breakfast food. I order it all the time in restaurants but am scared to death to try to make it on my own. This recipe was delicious. This was the first time I've had Eggs Benedict with bacon -- delicious! I poached my eggs the way Pam recommended -- they turned out BEAUTIFULLY. This was a super easy recipe to make. Simon liked it too - so it's boy-friendly!

No comments: