Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Inside-Out Eggroll Casserole

I got this recipe from multiple websites -- it made 3 giant-arse servings

  • 1 bag cole-slaw mix (shredded cabbage, carrots, etc.))
  • 1tsp olive oil
  • Low-sodium soy sauce, to taste (my taste was lots of it!)
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp. ginger powder
  • 1/2 tsp. Chinese five-spice powder (or allspice - works just as well) (I didn't have this so I threw in a bunch of random spices)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Add-ins of your choice: Cooked tofu or other meat and your choice of canned, drained water chestnuts, snow peas, canned hearts of palm, canned bamboo shoots, etc. (I added a can of sliced waterchestnuts, 2 cups of snow peas and a package of Canadian bacon, diced)
Saute slaw mix in oil until it cooks down.Add soy sauce and spices; saute a bit longer. Throw in your choice of add-ins (I sauteed Canadian bacon ahead of time.) Cook until you're happy with consistency; add more soy sauce and salt and pepper to taste.

My Review : Yum! This was delicious AND healthy. I kept thinking of all the veggies I was eating. One reviewer of this recipe suggested cooking an egg over-easy, putting the egg in the bowl and topping with the slaw mix. I tried that and it was very tasty.

No comments: