Monday, March 22, 2010

Lemon and Herb-Dressed Zucchini and Arugula Salad


from the WW Hit the Spot cookbook

Serves 2
  • 1 Cup Baby Arugula -- I used 2 cups of spring mix
  • 1 Zucchini, sliced
  • 2 Teaspoons Grated Lemon Zest
  • 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
  • 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
  • 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
  • 1/4 Teaspoon Coarse Black Pepper
  • 2 Tablespoons thinly sliced Basil (I used dry)
Toss together arugula and zucchini in a bowl. To make the dressing, whisk together all the remaining ingredients except the basil in a small bowl. Drizzle the dressing over the arugula mixture and toss evenly. Sprinkle with the basil.

My Review: Yum! The dressing was to die for! It was bright, sunny and zesty flavored. I never use zucchini in salads and I really should because it's delicious. One cup of lettuce seemed too skimpy so I upped it to two. I also doubled the dressing. Next time I make this, I think I'll add some feta.

No comments: