Monday, March 22, 2010

Tortellini Soup

Serves 7

  • 2 tsp. minced garlic
  • 29 oz. diced tomatoes… undrained
  • 2 cans low-sodium defatted chicken broth (I only picked up one can of chicken broth so added a can of water plus dashes of Italian seasoning, lemon pepper, pepper, salt, red pepper, and basil.)
  • 1 bag tortellini, cheese-filled
  • 1 bag spinach… chopped (I just bought regular spinach, tore it to pieces and added spinach until there seemed to be way too much spinach!)
Lightly sauté garlic in olive oil spray, then add broth and bring to boil. Add tortellini & cook according to package directions. Add tomatoes near end of cooking time and spinach right before serving.

My Review: This was a very tasty, super-fast soup. It's also very pretty with the red of the tomatoes and the green of the spinach. Next time I make this, I think I'll try it with beef broth!

No comments: