Monday, September 20, 2010

Spicy Hash Browns

Yay - I finally have time to blog and cook again. I've been so busy with the new job and wedding prep, I've been eating a lot of grilled cheese! Last night I made baked chicken (coated in Shake N Bake - I LOVE Shake N Bake), roasted green beans and spicy hash browns.

Spicy Hash Browns
  • 2 Tbsp. olive oil (I think next time I make these, I'll only use 1 T oil)
  • 1 tsp. paprika
  • 3/4 tsp. chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper
  • 1/8 tsp. black pepper
  • 6 1/2 C. diced potatoes… diced (about 2.5 lbs.) (I was too lazy to dice my own potatoes so I got the Simply Potatoes with onions from the refrigerator aisle.)
Preheat oven to 400.In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except potatoes; mix well.Add potatoes; stir well to coat.Spray a cookie sheet with Pam.Place potatoes in a single layer on cookie sheet.Bake 30 minutes or until browned.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 205 Calories; 6g Fat (24.4% calories from fat); 4g Protein; 36g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 229mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 Fat.

My Review: This is a great, incredibly easy side dish. The spices had tons of flavor. They roasted to a fabulous level of crispiness. In a word - awesome!

No comments: