Saturday, August 15, 2009

Soy-Garlic Chicken

from Simple & Delicious September/October 2009

SERVINGS: 6 (I only got 4 servings out of this)

6 chicken leg quarters, skin removed (I used 3 chicken breast halves)
1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons minced garlic

With a sharp knife, cut leg quarters at the joints if desired. (Or if using breasts, plop 'em in the slow cooker!) Place in a 4-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar and garlic; pour over chicken.

Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into the chicken reads 180°. Yield: 6 servings.

Review: When I came home after this had been cooking all day, my apartment smelled AMAZING. What's even better, this was quite possibly the easiest recipe I've ever made in my life. I whipped up the sauce, poured it over the chicken and let it cook away while I was at work. I got home at 6:30 and had dinner ready at 6:45. The chicken was tender and flavorful. I served with brown rice and a green bean- potato salad.

No comments: